Monday 23 September 2013

How to use your own wireless router with Sky Broadband

I reluctantly moved to Sky for my Broadband a few months ago. Their low prices and unlimited downloads were just too tempting.

I’ve been fairly happy with the service I’ve had – speed and reliability have been about the same as from Zen, my previous provider. But unfortunately Sky forces you to use their wireless router. And their provided router is fairly limited in functionality and more importantly has inferior wireless coverage to the TP-Link 8960N it replaces.

In the video below I’ll show you how you can still use your existing router, or even a new one together with Sky’s router:

2 comments:

  1. Hi this is a great link, WIFI works well, however, could you let me know how you get back into the router once its all set up want to change the frequency so airplay works - thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. If you followed my instructions above (1:28 in) I gave the TP-Link router an address of 192.168.0.2. You can use this address to access the wireless settings.

      Delete